- Skin Cancer
- Skin Screening
- Skin Tags
- Skin Surgery
- Laser Services
- Laser Hair Removal
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Chemical Peel
Chemical PeelsDr. Smith uses glycolic acid, a type of alpha hydroxy acid, in different concentrations to correct a variety of skin problems including acne and mild acne scarring, melasma, sun damage, and fine lines. Peels take approximately 15 minutes and you may experience a mild itching or stinging sensation. Afterwards the skin may be pink, but usually you can apply makeup and go back to work or other social activities. A series of 6 peels done monthly are recommended for best results.
BotoxThis is an FDA-approved treatment consisting of an injection of a small amount of botulinum toxin into the muscles underneath wrinkles or frown lines predominantly on the upper face.
Botox relaxes the muscles to soften the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Numbing cream can be used prior to the procedure to minimize discomfort. The procedure takes only a few minutes and requires little to no downtime. The results take effect after about three to fourteen days, and the improvement then lasts for three to six months.
Botox can also be used for patients with Hyperhidrosis, or excess sweating under the arms. This treatment is often covered by insurance, and lasts 6-12 months.
FillersDr. Smith uses Juvederm to fill in lines on the lower face as well as scars and lips. This is an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid filler. Since hyaluronic acid is a normal constituent of our bodies, it is a very safe product. Juvederm can last from 6 to 12 months, depending upon where it is injected. Numbing creams and/or nerve blocks can be done to minimize discomfort associated with the injection. Dr. Smith is also injecting Radiesse, which is a longer lasting filler for the lower face but not lips.
Skin Care ProductsDr. Smith sells skin care products by Obagi and Neocutis. You can also purchase the Clarisonic brush and sunscreens by Elta MD and Anthelios.
LASERDr. Smith has the Cynosure Apogee Elite laser, which combines the 755nm Alexandrite laser as well as the 1064nm Nd:YAG in one system.
The laser also has the SmartCool system, which blows cool air to minimize discomfort. This laser treats the following conditions:
- Laser Hair Reduction
- Freckles / Age spots
- Blood vessels
INFORMATION FOR ALL LASER PATIENTS
- Not recommended on tanned skin; patients should avoid sun exposure and must use daily sunscreen throughout the treatment course to minimize risk of complications (blistering, pigment changes, scarring)
- Avoid self tanners 1 month prior to treatment
- Avoid Retin A / Renova / Differin / Tazorac and any medications that make you sensitive to the sun for 1 week
- Patients with the following conditions cannot have laser treatments: pregnancy, history of seizures, Lupus or other collagen vascular disease
- Do not apply any lotions/makeup/deodorant to the areas to be treated or else wash them off prior to being seen
- Hair removal does not work on blonde or gray hair, or if patient has underlying hormonal abnormalities. One treatment is not sufficient to see any difference; an average of 5-10 treatments are recommended every 4-6 weeks with 80% hair reduction at one year; then an average of 1 maintenance treatment per year is needed. Shave approximately 1 day in advance; avoid waxing or plucking for 6 weeks or the hair will not be there to be destroyed by the laser.
- Dermapen is the latest technology for skin rejuvenation. It is a fractional micro-needling device that is as effective as fractional laser therapy and IPL, but has a significantly shorter down time. The device uses a disposable needle in an automated stamp-like motion that creates controlled micro-channels in which we are able to put various topical products to enhance collagen re-growth.
- We are able to get exceptional results for acne scarring, fine lines, uneven texture and pigment, and pore size. Numbing creams are used so there is minimal discomfort, and there is usually just one day of recovery.